Academic staff, advanced degree students, undergraduates, employees, and external users who are registered in the library system, are entitled to borrow books by presenting their library card.
- Textbooks (Reserved collection)– 1 week – Blue Label
- Research books – 1 or 2 weeks – no Label
- Reserved books – overnight – White Label
- Reference books – not for loan – no Label
- Dictionaries – same day – please ask librarian
The library provides Molecular Model Sets, Cellphone Chargers and Network cables for day loans.
For more information: Circulation services.
Book loan periods are automatically extended unless requested by another reader. In this case, a notification email is sent to the borrower and book needs to be returned on the specified day. Please return books on the due date!
It is possible to order books, which are already on loan, and books, which are free on the shelves. When the item becomes available, the patron is notified by e-mail (he can also see this information online in his Readers Card). The item is reserved for three working days in the respective library.
To get the item, go to the circulation desk of the respective library .
In the Chemistry & Biology Library
The Chemistry & Biology Library information specialist provides guidance and instructions to Faculty students, researchers and administrative staff in retrieval, evaluation and use of information for scholarly purposes, writing of academic papers, projects and more.
The Library offers personal instructions:
- General acquaintance with the Library – Introduction to the Library Collections and Services; Library Site; Library search tools – for undergraduate students
- Literature Review – Demonstration of a search in databases by the field of research; Introduction to Mendeley for the creation and management of your bibliography – for graduate students & researchers
- Introduction and demonstration of evaluation tools.
A meeting with a reference librarian can be arranged by tel. 073-378-3734 or by mail:
You can also schedule a personal instruction by filling in personal instruction registration form.
In the Central Library
The central library conducts group guidance for graduate students.
To schedule a group instruction fill in the group instruction registration form.
Faculty members, graduate students and employees are entitled to order articles and borrow books from other libraries in Israel or abroad.
For more information: Interlibrary Loan and Document service.