Academic staff, advanced degree students, undergraduates, employees, and external users who are registered in the library system, are entitled to borrow books by presenting their library card.
- Text books – 2 weeks – green Label
- Research books – 4 weeks – no Label
- Reserved books – over night – yellow Label
- Reference books – not for loan – red Label
- Dictionaries – same day – red Label
It is possible to order books which are already on loan and also books which are free on the shelves. A loan notice email is sent to the reader upon the book’s arrival and it is kept at the circulation desk for three working days.
The librarians help locating library materials and guide readers in using library resources in a most efficient and scholarly manner. They assist in subject search and complex questions. Our library provides personal guidance of the library information resources throughout the year. To schedule a consultation meeting please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . New students are invited to attend a basic library orientation workshop held at the beginning of each semester. The central library conducts group guidance for graduate students a few times during the year. An e-mail notification about guidance is sent to the students.
The interlibrary loan department supplies photocopies of articles, reports, theses and book loans from other libraries both in Israel and abroad. This requires a fee. Academic staff is entitled to order articles and books using their research budget. Students must contact the interlibrary deptartment at the central library.
Academic staff members may order books using their research budgets. All readers are also invited to recommend new books and other resources to the library. Please send requests by e-mail or by completing the appropriate forms
- Print – A printer connected to the library computers is available at the computer workstations (pay by rechargeable card or credit card).
- Copy – A copy machine is located on the ground floor at the library (pay by rechargeable card or credit card).
- Scan – A self-service scanner is linked to a workstation at the library (use is free).
Special Scanning Services:
Academic staff members are entitled to obtain from the central library scanned articles of printed materials available at the aerospace and Technion libraries.
The library offers lending of the following equipment:
- Hand Calculators