About the library
Our library has been and continues to be an important part of the faculty of Architecture and Town Planning since its foundation in 1924. The library is located on the second floor of the Amado building on the Technion campus.
It’s a leading library in Israel in the fields of architecture, landscape planning , urban planning and design, and industrial design.
The library collection
The library collection contains more than 40000 book titles (printed and electronic) , 770 journal titles (printed and electronic), a number of databases in various fields of study in architecture and town planning.
Two reading rooms , each with places for individual and group studies, provide 120 seats.
There are 20 computers, 4 scanners, 2 light tables, 2 printers, and 2 photocopiers for public use.
The library collection includes:
- Printed books and journals
- Electronic books and journals
- Special collections :
- Old journals (1880-1970) in different languages on wide range of topics in architecture and town planning.
- Journals in Hebrew from the Israel’s pre-state and early state periods. Most of these journals are unique, and our library is the only place where they are available.
The library staff is responsible for the preservation and maintenance of the existing collection and taking care of the development through the purchase of books, periodicals and databases for purposes of study and research.
The Azrieli Architecture and Town Planning Library offers services primarily to the students, faculty members, adjunct teachers, and employees of the Architecture and Town Planning faculty.
It provides services to all Technion community, guests from other universities and colleges, faculty’s alumni, architects and general public interested in architecture.
Our services for the students
- Lending services
- Reference services
- Electronic reprints – providing access through Technion Moodle to the items listed in bibliographies of the courses taught at the faculty of Architecture and Town Planning
- Group and personal tutorials in efficient use of library catalogs, research databases, and academic journals
- Personal instruction sessions in bibliography management tools/citation tools (Mendeley)
- Interlibrary loan services
Our services for the faculty members, adjunct teachers and employees
- Teaching support – acquisition of books and periodicals relevant to the courses taught at the faculty; preparation of electronic reprints (including scanning of various materials)
- Research support – acquisition of books, periodicals, and databases relevant to research fields; assistance in choosing journals in which to publish by providing resources for evaluating journal/publisher
- Support faculty members in the promotion/tenure process by cited reference search
- Interlibrary loan service