The Azrieli Architecture and Town Planning Library is an integral facility of the Architecture and Town Planning faculty since its foundation in 1924.
It’s a leading library in Israel in the fields of architecture, town and landscape planning , urban and industrial design.
The Library Facilities
Inside the library, you have two reading rooms, for individual and group studies, providing 120 seats.
There are 20 computers, 4 scanners, 2 light tables, 2 printers, and 2 photocopiers for public use.
The library collection includes:
- Printed books and journals.
- Electronic books and journals.
- Various electronic databases.
- Special collections :
- Old journals (1880-1970) in different languages on wide range of topics in architecture and town planning.
- Journals in Hebrew from the Israel’s pre-state and early state periods.
Most of these journals are unique, and our library is the only place where they are available.
The library staff is responsible for the preservation and maintenance of the existing collection and expanding it for study and research purposes.
The library services are purposed for the students, faculty members, adjunct teachers, and employees of the Architecture and Town Planning faculty.
It provides services to all Technion community, guests from other universities and colleges, faculty’s alumni, architects and general public interested in architecture.
The library services for the students
- Loan and reference services
- Electronic reprints – providing access through Technion Moodle to the items listed in bibliographies of the courses taught at the faculty of Architecture and Town Planning
- Group and personal tutorials in efficient use of library catalogs, research databases, and academic journals
- Personal instruction sessions in bibliography management tools/citation tools (Mendeley)
- Interlibrary loan services
The library services for the faculty members, adjunct teachers and employees
- Teaching support – acquisition of books and periodicals relevant to the courses taught at the faculty; preparation of electronic reprints (including scanning of various materials)
- Research support – acquisition of books, periodicals, and databases relevant to research fields; assistance in choosing journals in which to publish by providing resources for evaluating journal/publisher
- Support faculty members in the promotion/tenure process by cited reference search
- Interlibrary loan service