(Or in short: EzFind)
EzFind- a user-friendly, advanced system for information search and retrival:
Provides the user with a "Google-like" search experience– one search box generates high-quality search results from all Technion library resources.
EzFind is the library's main search engine. The Technion introduced the system in 2013. It is expected to gradually replace the old search systems (the classic "Aleph" and the search engine for journals and databases that was an integral part of the previous libraries site).
EzFind system is based on the free source
VuFind that is used by hundreds of libraries worldwide.
EzFind searches in all physical and electronic library collections:
• Book collections (textbooks, dictionaries, reference books, and even literature)
• Journal collections (magazines, journals, research publications, etc.)
• Institutional depositories (theses, research reports and institutional publications)
• Electronic library collections (books, journals and databases in full or partial electronic format)
• Collections of CDs, audio CDs, movies and more
• Articles (coming soon *)
The system enables:
• Finding information using a single search box, found on the portal home page.
• Reception of search results from multiple sources in print and electronic version, quickly and efficiently, via a unified search interface.
• Advanced search using multiple search fields and the possibility to limit search results by: content type, publication type, date range, etc.
• Choosing, saving, printing search results and sending them by e-mail and RSS.
• Receive search results ranked by relevance. The ranking can be according to the publication date, title or author.
• Display of search results according to categories: faculty library, collection, format, type of publication, category, subject, author, language and year of publication.
• Quick link to electronic resources / full-text articles.
• Search in Hebrew and English.
• Option of keywords completion.
• Personalization of work environment.
• Option to receive a QRcode that can also be added to Favorites. Regarding books, the results include item location, availability and more.
* During 2015 EzFind system will be improved further by incorporating EBSCO's EDS (EBSCO Discovery Service) system. This will enable the user to search within articles and other electronic collections all over the world just like Google.
More reading and links: